Try a new recipe from our test kitchen: crusted salmon with sunflower seed cookies!
Crusted salmon typically isn’t topped with sunflower seeds and rolled oats cookies. But just like our non-traditional cookie recipe, we’re always looking for creative, non-traditional ways to incorporate our cookies into new and unexpected recipes. Normally, we use Grace’s Best Cookies in decadent dessert creations, but the sweet and savory combination in this entree is nothing short of mouthwatering.
Follow the directions below and give crusted salmon with sunflower seed cookies a shot! Tag @GracesBestCookies on Facebook and share your recipe results with us!
Prep your kitchen with these ingredients for crusted salmon:
- 6 Grace’s Best Sunflower seed and rolled oat cookies
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (preferably grated)
- 1 tsp fresh chopped dill
- Juice from half a lemon plus 1 lemon slice
- 1 lb salmon filet
- 3 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Here’s the step-by-step process:
- First, preheat oven to 375F
- Second, crush the cookies in a small bowl along with the parmesan cheese and set aside.
- Third, rinse and dry the salmon filet then lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Next, pour 2 tbsp of olive oil in a pan at medium heat.
- Once the pan is hot put the salmon in skin side down.
- While the salmon is cooking, mix the dill and remaining tbsp of olive oil with the cookie parmesan mixture.
- Once the salmon has cooked for 4-5 minutes, pile the cookie mixture on the salmon, squeeze half of the lemon on the salmon and top with the slice of lemon.
- Put the pan in the oven for 14 minutes or until the cookie mixture begins to brown.
- Finally, remove your crusted salmon from the oven and serve immediately.