How to Make Muffins Using Crunchy Cookies
Learn how to make muffins from scratch and substitute Grace’s Best Cookies for granola for an extra sweet, crunchy flavor!
Freshly baked muffins straight out of the oven on a cool spring morning make for the perfect breakfast at home with your loved ones. We can practically taste them now!
While many of us our staying safe and working or learning from home, we’ve made it our mission to fill you up with tasty, creative baking recipes that hit the spot. We encourage you to support your favorite local bakery as much as you’re able, but we also have a fun recipe you can try at home to bake muffins from scratch! The best muffins come in all shapes and sizes and flavors: apple-nut, banana, buttermilk, honey, pumpkin, and so much more.
Here’s how to make muffins using our very own Grace’s Best Cookies.
With that extra special sweet crunch from the sunflower seeds, rolled oats and brown sugar, they’re a perfect substitute for granola:
- 2 cups of crushed Grace’s Best Cookies
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk (or almond milk alternative)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Heat oven to 400 degrees
- Grease bottoms only of about 12 medium-sized muffin cups (or use paper cups)
- Beat egg; stir in milk and oil
- Stir in remaining dry ingredients all at once just until flour is moistened (batter might appear lumpy)
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until they’re golden brown
- Remove from the pan right away
- Wait til they’re cooled off and enjoy for breakfast or an after-dinner sweet treat!
How did they turn out? Share your recipes with us on Facebook and Instagram!