Cookie-Coated Chicken Breast
Introducing our new favorite sweet and savory gourmet recipe: cookie-coated chicken breast!
Recently, our talented team in the test kitchen tried their hand at making a brand new recipe: crusted salmon with sunflower seed cookies. This time, they whipped up a similarly satisfying dish for you to indulge on: cookie-coated chicken breast!
Traditionally, cookie-coated chicken breast doesn’t end up on your dinner plate. Yet while cookies as a breading for chicken seems unusual, it’s a naturally delicious new option! Tag @GracesBestCookies on Facebook and share your recipe results with us!
Before you get started, let’s make sure you’re prepped with the proper ingredients!
For the chicken:
- 1.5 cups of coarsely ground Grace’s Best sunflower seeds and rolled oat cookies
- Oil spray
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp mayo
- 1.5 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp flour
- Salt /pepper
- 1 lb chicken breast tenderloin
- Fresh parsley
For the honey mustard:
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- To start, preheat oven to 200C/390F
- Second, spread ground cookies on a baking tray, spray with oil (spray vertically to avoid blowing off the tray), then bake for 3 to 5 minutes until light golden. Transfer to your bowl.
- Third, place a rack on a baking tray (not required but this helps bake it more evenly).
- Then, put the egg, mayo, Dijon, flour, salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk with a fork until combined.
- Add the chicken into the Batter and toss to coat.
- Next, pick up chicken with tongs and place it into the cookie bowl.
- Sprinkle surface with cookie crumbs, then press down to adhere. Transfer onto baking tray. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- After that, spray lightly with oil, sprinkle with a touch of salt (optional). Bake 18 minutes or up to 20 minutes if gigantic. Any longer will dry out chicken.
- Finally, while chicken is baking, combine honey mustard ingredients and whisk until blended.
- Remove chicken from oven and serve immediately, with honey mustard and sprinkle with fresh parsley, if desired.