Sunflower Seed Pancakes
Pump up your breakfast routine with an alternative recipe for sunflower seed pancakes!
Some mornings, having enough time to sit down and enjoy a delicious, hearty breakfast seems like a distant dream. In our fast-food, eat-on-the-go culture, we find ourselves driving to work eating dry cereal in our laps or with stomachs rumbling from having skipped breakfast entirely.
But the only thing that’s worse than not enough time to eat is having plenty of time, but not enough ingredients. In your standard, old-fashioned pancake recipe, you need these essentials: milk, flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, eggs, butter, and toppings like syrup or brown sugar. It may not seem like it takes much. But when you can’t make pancakes for your littles like you promised because you’re out of flour and sugar, their disappointment basically lingers until lunch.
Just-add-water pancake mixes are great as a convenient option, but it’s not as much fun as baking from scratch! And we would know, we bake cookies for a living.
Our recipe for sunflower seed pancakes only requires four ingredients: eggs, bananas, butter, and Grace’s Best Cookies!
Let’s get started:
- For one pancake, whisk 1 egg into a bowl.
- Next, take 1/2 of a ripe banana and mash it with a fork into the same bowl. Mix it together until all the bumps are smooth.
- Crush up 2-3 Grace’s Best Cookies and mix them into the batter.
- Then, heat a lightly buttered griddle or frying pan over medium high heat and pour in your egg-banana-sunflower-seed batter.
- Allow each side of the sunflower seed pancakes to sit for 45-60 seconds before flipping.
- Lastly, crumble an additional 2-3 Grace’s Best Cookies on top of your sunflower seed pancakes for that extra crunch!
- And if you’re feeling sweet, drizzle on a little bit of syrup or honey!
We promise you’ll be comfortably full after only one or two sunflower seed pancakes. The eggs and bananas pack in the protein and potassium which are sure to keep you feeling full for longer. And you can find Grace’s Best Cookies in select retailers like Whole Foods, Dierbergs Markets, Natural Grocers, or Green Acres Markets, or on our website!
Share your recipes with us:
We love baking because it allows us to be creative and enjoy sweet treats! Make your favorite recipes, like pie crust using Grace’s Best Cookies, tag us and we’ll spread the love!